National Policy Implementation
The National Policy Implementation Programme is aiming at contributing to the realization of the Netherlands Government's policies and needs with respect to issues relying on the use of non-national geographic information.
Examples are our national government departments' geographic nformation needs for accounting or verification purposes, for climate change research or bi-lateral economic development or capacity strengthening activities in partner countries.
Programmatic components are the interface between UNSDI and:
- EU-GMES (Global Monitoring of Environment and Security) and the associated geographic information regulation and network development activities (e.g. INSPIRE)
- the Netherlands' GDSC (Geospatial Data Service Centre)
- the Netherlands' NSDI (Geonovum)
- the European GALILEO global positioning system and associated geographic information product and services development activities
- GEOSS (the Global Earth Observation System of Systems) and GEO (the Group on Earth Observations )
- GSDI (the Global Spatial Data Infrastructure Association)
- Netherlands' Government Departments
The programme also covers contributions to the implementation of policies of the Ministries of
- Foreign Affairs / Development Cooperation
- Economic Affairs
- Infrastructure and the Environment