What we do
- We link Netherlands' geographic information suppliers to our GeoNetwork portal to enable them to render services
- We acquire relevant geographic information from the UNSDI community for use by our National partners
- We create business opportunities for our national geographic information sector and sectors relying on the use of specific geographic information
- We facilitate the supply of geographic information (GIS-data) to the UNSDI community (30+ UN organizations, agencies and funds) and selected Member States that require unique Netherlands' knowledge and skills
- We operate the National UNSDI-GeoNetwork portal to exchange geographic information (GIS-data) with the UNSDI community and selected Member States
- We assist the UNSDI community and selected Member States by mobilizing unique Netherlands' knowledge and skills for capacity strengthening activities like National SDI Policy and Government support, education and training programmes, technology and knowledge transfer, SDI development, specialized geographic information generation and disclosure
Primary application areas are food security, agriculture, water management, economic development, peace and safety, tropical forest monitoring, transport/logistics, disaster relief, humanitarian aid, fisheries, biodiversity, migratory pest control and climate change in the context of sustainable development and realization of the Millennium Development Goals. Focus will be on food security, agriculture, water management, and bi-lateral economic development.