AFSDI is the Agro-Food Spatial Data Infrastructure initiative of FAO, UNEP, ITC, PBL and UNSDI-NCO, aiming at the establishment of the first operational infrastructure component of UNSDI. AFSDI will deliver:
- a world-wide SDI, focussing on Agro-Food and Water
- a Geospatial Data Warehouse containing over 300.000 freely accessible geospatial data layers
- a suite of open source software tools to enable countries or regional centres to build their own SDI.
Relevant documents on the development of AFSDI
- Establishment of a Spatial Data Infrastructure (SDI) For Food and Agriculture (presentation)
- AFSDI Flyer 'Establishment of a Spatial Data Infrastructure (SDI) for Food and Agriculture'
UNSDI background documents
Relevant documents on the development of UNSDI (2007-2015)
Links to relevant organizations.